We believe training should be simple, fun and memorable. That way, our trainees remember what they have learnt and can apply the knowledge into their workplace.
Everyone in our community will benefit when front-line hospitality and retail staff understand their legal obligations in relation to alcohol and are committed to providing safe drinking environments where customers can enjoy the food & drinks we provide.
If you're involved in the sale and supply of liquor, the License Controller Qualification - LCQ will provide you with the knowledge you need to meet your responsibilities under the law. Currently, our License Controller Qualification training is available in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Palmerston North.
Therefore, every person applying for a Managers Certificate must hold the Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ). Achieving Unit Standards 4646 and 16705 will give you your LCQ.
- NZQA US 4646 Demonstrate knowledge of Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and its implications for licensed premises
- NZQA US 16705 Demonstrate knowledge of Host Responsibility requirements as a duty manager of licensed premises
- Revision throughout the day
- Open-book examination throughout the day NZQA Demonstrate
- The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and its implications for licensed premises
- Alcohol and intoxication in licensed premises as a Duty Manager
- The responsibilities and requirements for alcohol service in licensed premises as a Duty Manager
- The maintenance of a safe drinking environment as a Duty Manager